Summary CV – Social Media
Accomplished social media strategist with a proven track record of creating and implementing successful social media strategies that builds trust, awareness, fans, and revenue growth.
Using social media to provide outstanding customer service, demonstrating the customers best interest is at heart, while learning their needs and expectations and feeding this back to the business.
An exceptional people manager and communicator from an executive corporate background, who works closely with all internal teams (e.g. Legal, Risk Management, HR, IT Security and Communications) and ensures corporate buy-in and commitment at all levels.
Recognised industry speaker and key commentator on social media strategies to many top marketing seminars and conferences across the UK and Europe.
Twitter, FaceBook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Blogging, AudioBoo, Pinterest, Google+, FourSquare, FoodSpotting, TripAdvisor, Tumblr, Flickr, Bright Kite, FriendFeed, Quora, MySpace, StumbleUpon, Digg, Delicious, Reddit, Technorati, FeedBurner
WordPress, Hoot Suite, TweetDeck, SocialToo, Twellow, TweetAdder, Co-Tweet, OnlyWire, Evernote, Dropbox, SalesForce Desk, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Maps, Vertical Response, Mail Chimp, iTunes, iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile
SEO, HTML, PHP, PPC, RSS, Web Hosting, Domain Management, Site Creation, Theme Editing, Graphics, Best Practice and Policy Creation, Training, Presenting
WordPress, Artisteer, Camtasia Studio, Snagit, Adobe Audition, Adobe Soundbooth, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, ERP, CRM, MS Office 365, MS Office 2010, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint, MS Project, MS Visio, MS One Note, GarageBand, iPhoto, iMovie, iBooks Author
Social Media skills:
- Strong fiscal, project, and people manager, with a laser focus on business objectives
- Produce compelling presentations, documents, and management reports
- 10 years experience of business and strategy development at board level
- Creative, diplomatic, cool under pressure
- Creates and establishes social media policies, social media strategies and social media training that;
- promotes outstanding customer service
- builds brand awareness and reputation
- develops new commercial opportunities
- Ensures the adoption of social media techniques into the corporate culture
- Advanced knowledge and deep understanding of a broad range of social media tools
- Unique insight in social media SEO strategies
- Social networking strategy training covering Interviewing, Blogging, Pod and Videocasting
- Creation and hosting of videos for software and product promotion and training
- iPhone and Android App development
- Versed in many social media automation tools and services
- Designing, building, hosting, and security hardening of WordPress sites and blogs
- Broad knowledge of a multitude of WordPress plugins
- A recognised industry speaker, corporate ambassador and technology evangelist
Social Media Links:*
CambiNet Limited: 2005 to Present – Principal Social Media and IT Consultant
Technology consulting company delivering social media strategies and training to businesses
Helped over 150 clients utilise social media, web development, internet and digital marketing techniques to achieve their corporate goals. Advised organisations on Social Media best practices, IT best practices, SharePoint implementations, and the application information security and awareness training to achieve regulatory compliance.
Achievements for social media clients:
- Helped over 150 clients develop and implement social media marketing strategies
- Developed personalised social media training courses for clients employees
- Assisted with continuous monitoring of online public relations to ensure the success of their programs
- Assessed existing social media marketing strategies to determine a viable rate of return
- Helped identify and tap into new channels to optimise ROI and fuel new revenue growth
- Where necessary, assisted complete beginners to get up to speed with social media in a matter of days
Notable social media projects:
The Business Hub Radio Show: March 2011 to July 2012
Created and co-hosted a highly popular weekly business radio show where we interviewed key business personalities and celebrities to share insights into how they utilised social media and emerging technologies to grow their businesses and increase revenues during the recession. Social media was used extensively to promote the show and build a community of hundreds of thousands of fans.
Cambridge Biomedical Campus
Designed and implemented a new website to promote a new multi-million £ biomedical campus facility at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge. Significant numbers of enquiries are received every week through various online channels as a result of this work.
DC Thomson (Publishers of The Beano, The Dandy, Peoples World etc.)
Social Media security awareness training, creation of best practice policies, brainstorming ideas for exploiting social media and digital/electronic channels to grow revenue. Employees are now gaining hundreds of new fans every week and digital versions of products are also under development.
Designed and implemented an eshop, website, and social media strategy that raised funds to publish a magazine. As a result of my work the client secured significant investment to publish and distribute quarterly printed editions of their magazine, which are now sold through their site.
Marks and Spencer
Audited legacy SharePoint implementation, identified related risks and opportunities, created and prioritised, phased migration plan for all existing sites and gave guidance on utilising SharePoint to improve customer service, reduce lead-times, costs and risks.
CDT Limited: 2004 to 2005 – Head of IT
Reporting to the Board of Directors I led the IT teams at Cambridge Display Technology to relocate their head office, and to bring the business into compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act prior to NASDAQ floatation. Worked closely with all departments and implemented the COBIT Framework to introduce quality management, change control, security, and risk management processes, and instigated the necessary changes to align the IT department to the corporate goals and meet the future needs of the business.
Acambis plc: 1995 to 2004 – Director of Global IT Operations
Reporting to the Board of Directors, we took the business from start-up to the worlds top small-pox vaccine provider with 500 employees. Introduced innovative technologies which gave Acambis exceptional commercial and drug development advantages. Led several international IT teams to implement the COBIT Framework to embed processes and controls that fulfilled 21 CFR Part 11, and Sarbanes Oxley requirements. We were early adopters of standards for ITIL, Security Management, Business Continuity Management (BCM), Security and Risk Management such as, ISO17799, ISO2700, ISO9000/9001, BS15000/ISO 20000 (ITIL) and ISO22301
Links to online testimonials:
More industry specific references/testimonials available on request: firstname.lastname@example.org